Sugar! It’s an ingredient we read and hear a lot about. But did you know that Coca-Cola Zero contains absolutely no sugar at all? In Great Britain, Coca-Cola has been working hard to help the nation enjoy less sugar, here's how:
1. There's a reduced or no-sugar, no-calorie option for almost every beverage
Want your favorite beverage, but don’t want the sugar? No problem.
Coca-Cola GB offers more than 80 beverages across 20 different brands, which includes great-tasting, lower or no sugar and calorie alternatives. In fact, all their sparkling soft drinks – Coca-Cola, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Fanta and Lilt – have an equally delicious sugar-free option.
2. They've removed sugar from some of their leading soft drinks
Since 2005, Coca-Cola GB has been working with a team of experts and nutritionists to refine their recipes and remove sugar from many of their regular soft drinks.
What’s next? Between now and next year, they're investing £15 million in developing new lower and no sugar recipes. That includes replacing Coke Zero with new and improved Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, which looks and tastes even more like Coca-Cola. Watch the animation to see their sugar reduction timeline.
3. They've been exploring different types of sweeteners
4. They're providing more portion sizes than ever before
5. They're using clearer labels on their packaging
More on Journey
- Our Way Forward: How We're Keeping People at the Heart of Our Business
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience… and the Consumer
- First Coca-Cola Cargo E-Bikes Hit the Road in the Netherlands
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150