While it used to be in vogue to soak up the rays from sunup to sundown, now it’s more stylish to practice sun safety. Plus, protecting your skin from harsh UV rays is a pretty good excuse to stock up on luxurious moisturizers, glam hats, a few pairs of sunnies, chic cover-ups and lipsticks with SPF. Lots of SPF. After all, the most beautiful skin is healthy skin that’s been cared for, protected and even a little pampered.
Below, four Target Beauty Concierges from some of the sunniest states — California and Florida — offer stylish sun safety tips and product picks that will keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
1. When applying sunscreen, it’s important to remember small areas like tops of ears and the back of your neck. Reapplying at least every two hours is essential for protection. – Rebecca B.
2. Remember your lips and your eyes; they need sun protection, too. I always keep a cute pair of sunglasses and 29 by Lydia Mondavi SPF 20 Wine Blot Lip Balm in my beach bag.– Stephanie B.
3. Are you great at using sunscreen, but tend to accumulate bottles upon bottles from one season to the next? Don’t forget to check the expiration date. – Pedro H.
4. Drinking water is an important part of staying safe in
the sun. You lose water when you’re sweating, so drink up! Grab a cute,
reusable water bottle, and enjoy the outdoors. – Gigi A.
5. I love the Physicians Formula powders and bronzers for SPF reapplication. For a two-in-one approach, try La Rocha Posay Anthelios sunscreen—it’s a great sunscreen and anti-aging skin smoother in one. What’s not to love? – Rebecca B.
6. After sun exposure, I always recommend applying soothing sun care products with anti-inflammatory ingredients including aloe, cucumber and green tea, which help prevent skin from peeling. Then, moisturize, hydrate and repeat! – Stephanie B.
7. You can still be stylish while being mindful of the sun — stay under an umbrella and find a cute cover-up and a big, fun hat.– Gigi A.
8. For on-the-go protection for the whole family I recommend Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Stick. The mess-free stick provides convenient application; it never feels greasy and layers on skin invisibly. – Stephanie B.