We started using the slogan "Have a Coke and a smile" in 1979. Since then, it's become a key thing people remember about Coca-Cola. (In fact, some of the people who write to me on the blog use a variation of the slogan as their "signatures" on their comments.)
The first week in August is National Smile Week. Though it seems a bit unfair that smiles only get one week instead of a whole month, I still wanted to recognize this very happy occasion.
This poster shows one of the best ways to create a smile -- by drinking a Coke. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives