As a native of Atlanta, I grew up with The Varsity. I always loved it when our family would make the trip to midtown for a dinner and sit in one of the television rooms. When I was at college at Emory University we would head down to North Avenue for lunch at least once a week and now that I am at Coke headquarters I love to walk over for a great lunch. In other words, I am a huge fan.
In addition to all the meals, I also grew up hearing all the stories about The Varsity and I enjoyed my interview with Gordon Muir, the manager and grandson of founder Frank Gordy, as an opportunity to discuss all these legends. This is the first of two videos we will be posting and I hope that you enjoy learning about the long term partnership between The Coca-Cola Company and the worlds largest drive-in.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen