Turkey’s largest open-air festival, Rock’n Coke, welcomed more than 60,000 fired-up fans last month for its 10th anniversary. The 2013 festival marked several first for Rock’n Coke, including performances from the most musicians ever (550 artists and 100+ acts) on five stages; new attractions and content; a new festival layout; and its biggest-ever site at Istanbul’s Hezarfen Airport.
The new setup allowed 70 percent more acts to perform. The lineup included The Prodigy, Jamiroquai, Arctic Monkeys, Hurts, Editors, Ellie Goulding, Primal Scream, Within Temptation, Triggerfinger, La Roux, Shantel, Selah Sue and Netsky Live. Additionally, festivalgoers enjoyed Turkish acts like Teoman, Aylin Aslım, Duman, maNga, Can Bonomo and Büyük Ev Ablukada.
A large Cultural Zone featured a series of special events, workshops, activities and games; the Party Arena featured a 24/7 music experience; and a Chill-Out Zone gave fans a spot to cool off. The capacity of the camping area was increased to 10,000 people, and tickets sold out days in advance.
More on Journey
- Stock Up On Summer Essentials: Coca-Cola Unveils Vintage-Inspired Collection Online
- How Coca-Cola Sparked the Surging Ready-to-Drink Coffee Business in Japan
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit