Turkey’s largest open-air festival, Rock’n Coke, welcomed more than 60,000 fired-up fans last month for its 10th anniversary. The 2013 festival marked several first for Rock’n Coke, including performances from the most musicians ever (550 artists and 100+ acts) on five stages; new attractions and content; a new festival layout; and its biggest-ever site at Istanbul’s Hezarfen Airport.
The new setup allowed 70 percent more acts to perform. The lineup included The Prodigy, Jamiroquai, Arctic Monkeys, Hurts, Editors, Ellie Goulding, Primal Scream, Within Temptation, Triggerfinger, La Roux, Shantel, Selah Sue and Netsky Live. Additionally, festivalgoers enjoyed Turkish acts like Teoman, Aylin Aslım, Duman, maNga, Can Bonomo and Büyük Ev Ablukada.
A large Cultural Zone featured a series of special events, workshops, activities and games; the Party Arena featured a 24/7 music experience; and a Chill-Out Zone gave fans a spot to cool off. The capacity of the camping area was increased to 10,000 people, and tickets sold out days in advance.
More on Journey
- Mobile App From Coca-Cola Japan Crosses 4 Million Downloads
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look