Staying cool has never looked this hot.
Coca-Cola and adidas Originals are teaming up for a limited-edition ClimaCool 1 shoe inspired by the visual identities of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light and Coke Zero.
Debuting with an OG red Coca-Cola design ahead of UEFA EURO 2016, the model unites the original ClimaCool silhouette with a futuristic design that captured the essence of one of footwear’s most important eras.
“adidas and Coca-Cola originally introduced the shoe for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, and it sold out immediately. It was one of their most sought-after shoes ever introduced,” said Kate Dwyer, group director of worldwide licensing for Coca-Cola. “This year, adidas Originals is bringing it out of their archives and timing the release to coincide with football fever. We’re excited to collaborate with them again."
Red ClimaCool 1 shoes will be available in early-June at select retailers, including colette in Paris and the colette e-shop, and the Coca-Cola Store. The silver and black editions will launch later this summer.
Inspired by the rich sporting heritage of adidas, adidas Originals is a lifestyle brand founded in 2001. With the adidas archive at its foundation, adidas Originals continues to evolve the brand’s legacy through product innovation and an ability to filter athletic creativity and courage through the lens of contemporary youth culture. The pioneering street sportswear brand features the iconic Trefoil logo first used in 1972.
More on Journey
- See How Coca-Cola and the Phillies Helped Pull Off a ‘Prom-posal’ to Remember
- First Coca-Cola Cargo E-Bikes Hit the Road in the Netherlands
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- WATCH: Vince Staples Stars in New Sprite Music Video and TV Spot