You may have seen my post last week about the 1933 Crosley contour bottle radio at the World of Coke. That was the first, but certainly not the last bottle radio we produced. Over the years, we've made different versions of contour bottle radios with updated technology as time progressed. I thought you'd like to see an example of a contour bottle radio from the year 1999 in our collection. This is a mini Hi-Fi contour bottle radio with doors that open to reveal a compact disc player and stereo, complete with remote control. This was made by Akura Electronics. Some of you may have a contour bottle radio in your collection as well.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals