You may have seen my post last week about the 1933 Crosley contour bottle radio at the World of Coke. That was the first, but certainly not the last bottle radio we produced. Over the years, we've made different versions of contour bottle radios with updated technology as time progressed. I thought you'd like to see an example of a contour bottle radio from the year 1999 in our collection. This is a mini Hi-Fi contour bottle radio with doors that open to reveal a compact disc player and stereo, complete with remote control. This was made by Akura Electronics. Some of you may have a contour bottle radio in your collection as well.
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?