You may have seen my post last week about the 1933 Crosley contour bottle radio at the World of Coke. That was the first, but certainly not the last bottle radio we produced. Over the years, we've made different versions of contour bottle radios with updated technology as time progressed. I thought you'd like to see an example of a contour bottle radio from the year 1999 in our collection. This is a mini Hi-Fi contour bottle radio with doors that open to reveal a compact disc player and stereo, complete with remote control. This was made by Akura Electronics. Some of you may have a contour bottle radio in your collection as well.
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival