Did you know that the fabulous singer Aretha Franklin began advertising for Coca-Cola on the radio in 1967?
A year later, she appeared in her first Coke magazine ad. The Queen of Soul later appeared in a 1985 television ad with Elvis Presley called “King/Queen.”
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals