I knew exactly the piece he had. During the 1960 Olympic Summer Games in Rome, the Coke bottling company in Italy gave this record to athletes and Olympic officials. It’s a rare piece – one that I think is worth US$500+.
It turns out Martin got the record from his grandfather, an athlete during those Games. I’m so impressed that he had an Olympian in the family, and that his family kept this record passed down through the generations. I wanted to share this piece because it’s such a rare item.
And there is complete information on our Company’s long history with the Olympic Games here.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem