Who really owns the skies over Manhattan? In this ad set during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, balloons of canine superhero Underdog and Stewie from Family Guy do a midair battle for a bottle of Coca-Cola. Watch until the very end to see the surprise winner of the contest.
The ad ran during the 2008 Super Bowl, and according to Fast Company, the idea for the conclusion of the ad came from the 12-year-old son of the Wieden+Kennedy creative director who was working on the spot. Fast Company also notes that the ad, entitled “It’s Mine,” was nominated for an Emmy and was named Adweek’s best Super Bowl spot of the decade.
For more on the backstory, read Super Bowl Ad Stories: How a 12-Year-Old Rescued This Coke Ad.
More on Journey
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- Coca-Cola North America is Bringing the Bubbly with Two Big Water Brands
- Coca-Cola Zero Reformulates to Encourage No Sugar Consumption
- A Q&A With Johanna Pramstaller, Special Olympics Global Messenger
- Coca-Cola ‘No Calories, and With Sweetener from Stevia Plant’ Debuts in Greece