Who really owns the skies over Manhattan? In this ad set during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, balloons of canine superhero Underdog and Stewie from Family Guy do a midair battle for a bottle of Coca-Cola. Watch until the very end to see the surprise winner of the contest.
The ad ran during the 2008 Super Bowl, and according to Fast Company, the idea for the conclusion of the ad came from the 12-year-old son of the Wieden+Kennedy creative director who was working on the spot. Fast Company also notes that the ad, entitled “It’s Mine,” was nominated for an Emmy and was named Adweek’s best Super Bowl spot of the decade.
For more on the backstory, read Super Bowl Ad Stories: How a 12-Year-Old Rescued This Coke Ad.
More on Journey
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations
- Creating the New Fanta Bottle: Taking ‘Impossible’ Designs From Drawing Board to Supermarket Shelves
- Find Your Match: Coca-Cola Freestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta