Who really owns the skies over Manhattan? In this ad set during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, balloons of canine superhero Underdog and Stewie from Family Guy do a midair battle for a bottle of Coca-Cola. Watch until the very end to see the surprise winner of the contest.
The ad ran during the 2008 Super Bowl, and according to Fast Company, the idea for the conclusion of the ad came from the 12-year-old son of the Wieden+Kennedy creative director who was working on the spot. Fast Company also notes that the ad, entitled “It’s Mine,” was nominated for an Emmy and was named Adweek’s best Super Bowl spot of the decade.
For more on the backstory, read Super Bowl Ad Stories: How a 12-Year-Old Rescued This Coke Ad.
More on Journey
- Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why Coca-Cola Complements Any Meal
- Coca-Cola Bringing Google-Powered Digital Signage System to Retail, Restaurants, Cinemas and More
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings
- Meet the '4-Pack': Coca-Cola and U.S. Athletes Team Up for Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look