Who really owns the skies over Manhattan? In this ad set during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, balloons of canine superhero Underdog and Stewie from Family Guy do a midair battle for a bottle of
The ad ran during the 2008 Super Bowl, and according to Fast Company, the idea for the conclusion of the ad came from the 12-year-old son of the Wieden+Kennedy creative director who was working on the spot. Fast Company also notes that the ad, entitled “It’s Mine,” was nominated for an Emmy and was named Adweek’s best Super Bowl spot of the decade.
For more on the backstory, read Super Bowl Ad Stories: How a 12-Year-Old Rescued This Coke Ad.
More on Journey
- Coke Music Live Stream Brings Moe’s Southwest Grill Back to Music Roots
- Coca-Cola ‘Robots’ Entertain Guests at Universal Studios Japan
- Inspired Objects: Artist Burton Morris Reinterprets Pop Culture Icons
- Ads of the Week in Israel: Close Your Eyes/Open Your Eyes
- Coca-Cola’s Ever-Expanding Portfolio Around the Globe