In my last post, I discussed some of the guiding principles that have helped Honest Tea keep its brand mojo as part of The Coca-Cola Company. But the way we act isn't enough to ensure success – it's also important to think about the environment that allows our mission-driven enterprise to thrive within a larger corporation.
Of course there's more than one recipe for how a large corporation and a mission-driven company can coexist and grow together – but here are a few elements of our partnership with Coca-Cola that help make it a symbiotic relationship.
Seth Goldman is president and TeaEO of Honest Tea, the company he co-founded in 1998 with Professor Barry Nalebuff of the Yale School of Management. Honest Tea is an independent business unit of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Chile Got More Consumers Trying Coke Zero
- 10 Years Strong: Coca-Cola’s Venturing & Emerging Brands Takes on New Territory
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience and the Consumer
- From 'Pool Boy' to 'Elevator': Get the Stories Behind Coke's 4 New Buzzworthy Ads
- Quincey at CAGNY: 'We Are Going to Be a Total Beverage Company'