It’s official: happiness has struck Vilnius, Lithuania.
For the latest installment in the "Where Will Happiness Strike Next?" series,
In the whimsical film, a red
"Feeling the grass under your feet is one of life's little pleasures,” says Mark Bernath, executive creative director for Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, which created the film. “Provoking people to get that feeling and using one of life's other little pleasures, a Coke, as bait created a nice and surprising double dose of unexpected happiness.”
The candid shoot, which took place in August in Vilnius' Europa Square, captured locals' authentic reactions. Leva Leleshiene from
“Turning a familiar place into an oasis of enjoyment truly explores the idea of shared happiness,” she explains. “This film projects a live experience where consumers are at the very heart of it, so it's even more affecting with a great degree of authenticity.”
The project is leaving a sustainable legacy, too. The turf used to create the temporary park will be donated to a local children’s home in Vilnius.
"Where Will Happiness Strike Next?" debuted in the United States in January 2010 when a
"We love the direction this film takes the franchise,” says Christy Amador of Coke’s global content excellence team. “It’s such a refreshing way to bring people a moment of happiness and build anticipation for the next idea. And by watching it, you can see just how much fun the event really was. You couldn't help but smile – and take off your shoes – as it all unfolded.”
More on Journey
- Pedaling Smiles: Watch Grin-Inspiring Cyclists Turn Mundane Moments Into Happy Memories
- Celebrating Chinese New Year: Cabbies Hail a Night Off in Singapore
- Sweetest Reunion Video Ever From the 'Happiness Is Home' Project
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- Hardball HQ: Explore the Bustling Manhattan Offices of MLB Advanced Media