Gentlemen (and ladies), it’s time to summon your inner knitter.
Thanks to Coke Zero, you can score a hilariously hideous sweater this holiday season without having to hit your local thrift store or raid grandma’s closet.
Between now and December 1st, the brand is inviting tacky sweater aficionados to custom-design the go-to garment of their yuletide ensemble via the Coke Zero Sweater Generator. The interactive tool lets consumers tailor their winter wear down to the kitschiest details – choosing from multiple cuts, colors, patterns, icons and backgrounds – then share their creations via Facebook and Twitter and encourage friends and followers to vote for them.
The 100 top vote-getters will receive actual hand-stitched sweaters matching their designs, just in time for the parade of holiday soirees. And to extend the merriment through December, Coke Zero will invite consumers to upload photos of their tackiest sweaters to the MyCokeRewards loyalty platform.
“Coke Zero’s spin on the holidays is helping guys ‘Enjoy Everything’
– including their beloved tacky sweaters,” said Melissa Adams, senior
manager of integrated marketing content for
The site has generated nearly 42,000 sweater designs in its first four days, Adams added.
The Coke Zero Sweater Generator follows the brand’s equally irreverent
Mother’s Day promotion, which helped get forgetful sons off the hook. Guys who tweeted
the most creative excuses were asked
to send in selfies. A group of classically trained painters then created “Mother
Pieces,” which were framed and shipped to the moms... giving them the perfect Mother's Day gift.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Plus Coffee No Sugar Launches in Australia
- Donate to Fight AIDS, Score Chance to Go Backstage With Ed Sheeran
- Fanta Unveils Ghoulish Packaging for Halloween
- Bud's Place: An Excerpt from Play it Again Sam: The Notable Life of Sam Massell, Atlanta's First Minority Mayor
- Coke’s Soft Drink Revenue is Growing in the U.S. Thanks to Strong Sales of Smaller Packs