Planes, trains and automobiles: that’s how I was able to meet artist Kate Brinkworth.
Last month, I was working in the London
First the flght from Atlanta to London, then a train ride to just outside her town, and finally a quick cab ride to her doorstep. And it was well worth it!
After we spoke, Kate tied on her apron and demonstrated how she starts by drawing the contour Coke bottle. It was fascinating to see how detailed the process is and how Kate thinks through each step. She told me how surprised she was when she found out that the
As I headed back to London on the train, I thought about the pieces of Kate’s art we have in the archives, and it made me love them even more after seeing the detail and thoughtfulness she put into each painting. I can’t wait to see what she does next.
Justine Fletcher is processing archivist at The Coca-Cola Company
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations
- Coca-Cola Zero Reformulates to Encourage No Sugar Consumption
- Creating the New Fanta Bottle: Taking ‘Impossible’ Designs From Drawing Board to Supermarket Shelves