Planes, trains and automobiles: that’s how I was able to meet artist Kate Brinkworth.
Last month, I was working in the London
First the flght from Atlanta to London, then a train ride to just outside her town, and finally a quick cab ride to her doorstep. And it was well worth it!
After we spoke, Kate tied on her apron and demonstrated how she starts by drawing the contour Coke bottle. It was fascinating to see how detailed the process is and how Kate thinks through each step. She told me how surprised she was when she found out that the
As I headed back to London on the train, I thought about the pieces of Kate’s art we have in the archives, and it made me love them even more after seeing the detail and thoughtfulness she put into each painting. I can’t wait to see what she does next.
Justine Fletcher is processing archivist at The Coca-Cola Company
More on Journey
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Find Your Match: Coca-Cola Freestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?