Coca-Cola is celebrating Chinese New Year 2016 with a throwback to 2004, the last Year of the Monkey. Twelve years ago, Coca-Cola China featured A Fu and A Jiao in the style of a traditional Chinese New Year painting. The pair of popular animated characters were created in 2001 and starred in Coca-Cola Spring Festival promotions over the next seven years.
In 2015, A Fu and A Jiao returned with a new look designed to bring back Chinese New Year traditions. A Fu is holding a golden cudgel, just like the curious Monkey King.
Check out this TV ad from Coca-Cola China:
More on Journey
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Stock Up On Summer Essentials: Coca-Cola Unveils Vintage-Inspired Collection Online
- These Coca-Cola Bottle Labels Double as Music Festival Wristbands in Romania
- Coca-Cola Japan's Georgia Coffee is the World’s Highest-Grossing, Ready-to-Drink Coffee Brand