Coca-Cola is celebrating Chinese New Year 2016 with a throwback to 2004, the last Year of the Monkey. Twelve years ago, Coca-Cola China featured A Fu and A Jiao in the style of a traditional Chinese New Year painting. The pair of popular animated characters were created in 2001 and starred in Coca-Cola Spring Festival promotions over the next seven years.
In 2015, A Fu and A Jiao returned with a new look designed to bring back Chinese New Year traditions. A Fu is holding a golden cudgel, just like the curious Monkey King.
Check out this TV ad from Coca-Cola China:
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations
- Coca-Cola North America is Bringing the Bubbly with Two Big Water Brands
- Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why Coca-Cola Complements Any Meal