Imagine growing up a child of public television parents in the ‘80s. Just think of the magic you might have missed!
Aly Keves of The Daily Dot is that person. And this week, she’s throwing it back to 1984 by watching the original Ghostbusters for the first time ever with a little help from Hi-C Ecto Cooler and Coca-Cola Journey.
This is The Geek Awakens:
Hi-C Ecto Cooler – which debuted in 1987 through a promotional tie-in with the iconic franchise Ghostbusters – reappeared in May ahead of the film’s buzzed-about reboot, which hits theaters July 15.
Though originally planned as short-lived promotional beverage, the ghoulishly green juice drink’s immense popularity kept it around for more than a decade. When Hi-C Ecto Cooler was discontinued in 2001, websites dedicated to ‘80s and ‘90s nostalgia began to name-check the brand, and a growing legion of social media fan groups soon clamored for a comeback. Those communities, fueled by lobbying support from Sony Pictures, convinced The Coca-Cola Company to give the brand a curtain call.
Hi-C Ecto Cooler is available in 10-packs of 6-ounce juice boxes and in multi-packs of 11.5- oz. aluminum cans featuring thermal ink printing technology that turns an eerie shade of slime green when chilled. Learn more at www.ecto.cool.
More on Journey
- Half of Coca-Cola Sales in UK Grocery and Convenience Stores Coming From No-Sugar Options
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look
- How to Order ‘Share a Coke’ Bottles Sporting Your College Hoops Team’s Logo For March Madness
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- No Easy Buckets: A Q&A With Basketball Star and New POWERADE Ambassador Damian Lillard