To celebrate the inspirational storytelling taking place at The Daily Beast / Newsweek Women in the World Summit this week, The Coca-Cola Company is proud to spotlight the success of 5by20 entrepreneur, Regina Maria Silva Gomes, an artisan and single caretaker of five grandchildren living in Rio de Janeiro. Leveraging business skills she received through
The Coca-Cola Company’s 5by20 initiative, she grew her business from one to eleven employees, purchased a home and now positively impacts more than 700 families in her community. Regina’s success is just one of the stories Coca-Cola hopes to share in the years to come as 5by20 continues its journey to enable the economic empowerment of 5 million women entrepreneurs in the Coca-Cola value chain by 2020.
More 5by20 Stories:
- Coke Brings 5by20 Initiative to China to Empower Women
The Coca-Cola Company Expands 5by20 Women's Economic Empowerment Initiative
- 5by20 Success Stories
More on Journey
- Can America’s Biggest Consumer Goods Companies Help Boost Recycling in Cities?
- Release of Chinese Deer into Natural Environment Marks New Step for Nearly Extinct Species
- High Schoolers Cook Up Successful Careers at 2017 National ProStart Invitational
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola