In an ongoing effort to expand throughout China, The
Creating Local Jobs
The plant’s benefit to the community is significant, as it creates 500
Muhtar Kent, chairman and CEO of The
Area government officials agree. "This new
With the opening of the new plant, the
An Ongoing Commitment to China
The new Yingkou, Liaoning, plant, which represents a $160 million investment in China, is part of
Last year, on a visit to Shanghai, Kent explained the company’s commitment, saying: "China is one of our most important growth markets in the world as we work to achieve our 2020 Vision goal of doubling system revenues and servings this decade. The new investment is a part of our long-term commitment to invest in innovation, partnerships and a portfolio that will enable us to grow our business in a sustainable and responsible way."
Coca-Cola’s 2020 Vision is part of the company’s plan to “get ready for tomorrow today” and will help guide the company in its effort to achieve sustainable, quality growth, with a mission to refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism and happiness, create value and make a difference.
More on Journey
- Stepping Up With STEP: Coke's Supplier Training & Empowerment Program Helps Women-Owned Suppliers Compete and Grow
- Hardball HQ: Explore the Bustling Manhattan Offices of MLB Advanced Media
- How Coke’s U.S. Business is Changing in Line with Consumer Tastes
- An 'Infatuation' With Food and Music: Andrew Steinthal's Journey From Record Exec to Startup Success
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'Progress is Achieved in Partnership, Not in Isolation'