Solar, the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in Brazil and one of the 15 largest in the world, officially began operations last week. The company was created through the combination of three Coca-Cola bottlers – Guararapes, Norsa and Renosa – who worked for six months to define Solar’s operating model and strategic plan.
Solar is headquartered in Fortaleza and will serve 70 million consumers in 12 Brazilian states – a territory larger than Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Germany and the United Kingdom combined – through four operating regions. The bottler’s 15,000 employees will staff 13 production plants and 34 distribution centers.
Brazil is Coca-Cola's fourth-largest market based on annual sales volume.
More on Journey
- New Era of Growth: Coca-Cola East Japan Begins Public Trading
- Coca-Cola Welcomes New Unified Bottler for Spain and Portugal
- The Honest Truth About Honest Tea: Co-Founder Seth Goldman Reflects on Brand's Mission-Driven Journey
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders: Wishing Extraordinary Women a Happy Mother’s Day
- Setting Suppliers Up for Success: Tribe Transportation