Artisans represent an important segment of the
As 5by20 participants, artisans receive design and business skills training, access to market and sometimes the materials they need to support their trade. Their handicrafts are then sold by nongovernment organization (NGO) partners or
This new access to market and increased availability within mainstream retail channels multiplies the positive impact 5by20 can have on women artisan entrepreneurs, their families and their communities.
This film highlights women artisans from all over the world who have personal stories as beautiful as the items they make. We invite you to watch the film and travel around the world to meet Jocelyn, Marlene, Sandy and Lea as they show you their trade and share their insights.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent: Why I Am a Feminist
- Carhop To It: 5 Classic American Drive-In Restaurants
- Bottling Up Diversity: How Coke is Bringing More Gender Balance to its Operations
- Equality Means Business: New Tool to Help Businesses Implement Gender Equality Practices
- Memunatu Magazine: Informing and Inspiring 11 Million Teen Girls in West Africa