For the week of Christmas I am sharing a few holiday themed items from our collection. Today, I am featuring two Canadian signs - one in English and one in French, from 1930 and 1940. The top image is a 1930 Season's Greetings subway sign that has the image of a candle lit on the left side of the sign along with the tag line, "The Pause That Refreshes." Below is a 1940 French version of a Christmas hanger. For our readers who don't speak French, the sign reads "Take home a six-bottle carton of Coca-Cola. 36 cents plus a deposit of 12 cents." We also have the English version of this sign in our collection of items from Canada.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement