La Boutique shift the flair and glamour of 70s disco right up to the present day. Their song for 52 Songs of Happiness ‘Ce Soir C’est Friday’ travels through different eras of dancefloor music, introducing disco, house, funk, and electro elements. We met one half of the band, Fed Conti.
Tell us about the music of La Boutique.
We make music that fits as part of a fashionable and underground music scene, a mélange of 80s pop with a contemporary club sound. The songs created by La Boutique are ‘couture music’, which is stylish and chic, and that ‘fashion feeling’ is also reinforced by lead singer Aurora’s French character.
What music and live events do you have lined up for the summer?
We have three singles in preparation, one coming out very soon. Then we are touring clubs in Italy, London and Paris, of course.
Tell us about the location you have chosen for your Placelist and why does it inspire you?
Paris is a vibrant city with a very strong cultural heritage and history, it is a very creative and dynamic place to be. When we wrote the lyrics to our entry for 52 Songs Of Happiness, ‘Ce Soir C’est Friday’, we visualised a massive crowd on the Champs Élysées, celebrating the love of life.
Check out their track Ce Soir C’est Friday on Coca-Cola Placelists:
More on Journey
- How Coke’s U.S. Business is Changing in Line with Consumer Tastes
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Reverse Care Package: U.S. Army Soldier Sends Her Parents Surprise Thank You in Minute Maid #doingood Film
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations