There are not too many promotional materials associated with St. Patrick's Day, but we do have one piece in the collection that fits in that category. In 1996, the Olympic Council of Ireland issued a commemorative pin on the great saint's feast day to help support the Irish Olympic team as they were preparing for the Atlanta Olympics.
When I was in Graduate School at Syracuse University, the focus of the St. Patrick's Day celebration occurred in the Tipperary Hill section of town. A largely Irish community, it may be the only place in the world that features a traffic signal where the green light is in the top position!
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler