Break out the chopsticks for this tasty entree inspired by traditional Chinese cuisine and, of course,
- 1 Pound boneless top round or sirloin steak
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup canned undiluted beef broth (bouillon)
- 1 Cup thinly sliced green pepper strips
- 1 Cup thinly sliced celery
- .25 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 medium, ripe tomatoes
- 2.5 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Cup hot cooked rice
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
Trim all fat from meat and cut into pencil-thin strips.
In deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil, garlic, and salt.
Add meat and brown over high heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork. Add beef broth, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender.
Stir in green pepper, celery, onions, and 1/2 cup
Coca-Cola. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Do not overcook; vegetables should be tender-crisp. Peel tomatoes, cut into wedges, gently stir into meat. Blend corn starch with the 1/4 cup Coca-Colaand soy sauce. Stir into meat and cook until thickened, about 1 minute, stirring lightly with fork. Serve over hot rice. Makes 6 (3/4 cup) servings.
More on Journey
Shake, Sparkle & Stir: A Mixologist Showdown Featuring
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Agriculture Infographic
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
Pay Like a Boss With
Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously