Saturday was International Chocolate Day. Until we get an International Coca-Cola Day, I think Chocolate Day might be the best day yet!
Aside from my personal love for it, chocolate has been paired with Coke for decades. In the days when soda fountains were common, you could have a squirt of lemon, vanilla, cherry or chocolate syrup added to your glass of Coca-Cola. Many people still swear by a chocolate Coke!
This 1965 "candy train" clown piece shows Coke paired with all kinds of candy. In honor of the day, I'll skip the jelly beans and gum drops and stick with chocolate!
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests