Did you know that at the 1952 Olympic Winter Games in Olso, Norway, Coca-Cola bottlers gave residents their first look at a helicopter?
The helicopter was first used in a fund-raising effort for Norwegian athletes. Later on in the Games, it was used to help direct traffic. It’s shown here landing in front of 20,000 people outside the Oslo town hall.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival