This dish riffs off of a classic flavor profile that many people think of when they hear "sweet potatoes."
Coca-Cola and brown sugar caramelize in the oven, while butter, vanilla and classic spices combine to taste like nostalgia.
- 2 Pound sweet potatoes chopped into eighths
Coca-Cola(less for a drier dish)
- .5 Teaspoon salt
- .25 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
- .25 Teaspoon cinnamon
- .125 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cloves
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring all ingredients except for butter and sweet potatoes to a boil in a large oven-friendly pot. Turn heat down to medium and stir in butter and sweet potatoes. Bring back up to a boil, remove from heat, cover and place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove lid and bake until tender.
More on Journey
Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why
Coca-ColaComplements Any Meal
Pay Like a Boss With
Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- 2016 Sustainability Report: Agriculture Infographic
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- From Acai to Brigadeiro: 8 Must-Try Brazilian Foods