With American football in full swing and the professional hockey season beginning this weekend, I wanted to share this cheese dip recipe to serve when your friends come over to watch the games.
The dip has Roquefort, garlic, cheddar, Coke and Tabasco -- you really can’t go wrong!
Coca-Cola Twin Cheese Dip
About 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (4 oz.) Roquefort cheese
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup Coca-Cola
2 tablespoons soft margarine
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
Grate cheddar cheese into large mixing bowl. Add crumbled Roquefort. Put garlic through a press; add to cheeses with 1/2 cup of the Coca-Cola and remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gradually add remaining Coca-Cola, then beat on high speed until mixture is fairly smooth, light and fluffy. Pack into covered container. Chill. Best if refrigerated overnight.
Makes about 3 cups. This dip keeps very well for a week or more. The twin cheese dip is good with raw vegetables, as a spread for cocktail breads or crackers, or even as a sandwich filling.
If you serve the dip at a party -- or just make it for yourself -- please let me know how you like it!
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York