Just in time for Ramadan! Try this succulent oven baked lamb with
- 1 Pound lamb thigh
- 1 Cup butter
- .5 Cup vegetable oil
- .5 Cup sweet soy sauce
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon white pepper powder
- .5 Teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoon sugar
- 3.5 Ounce peanuts, fried or roasted, roughtly chopped
- 5 shallots, finely sliced
- 5 chili paddies, finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Total Time: 2 hr 5 min
- Prep Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
Prepare Marinade: Mix together vegetable oil, crushed garlic, white pepper powder, crushed ginger, sugar, salt and 5 Tsp. of the sweet soy sauce.
Trim fat from the lamb and pierce with fork to ensure marinade will absorb into meat.
Marinate lamb evenly with marinade sauce and leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Coca-Colaand lamb in a pressure cooker and cook for around 30 minutes or until tender. Prepare Peanut Sauce: Stir together peanuts, shallots, chili paddies, lime juice and remaining sweet soy sauce. Take meat out of the cooker and place in a baking tray. Bake in 170-200 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crisp at the outer. Carefully remove meat from the pressure cooker and serve warm with peanut sauce.
More on Journey
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- Food Courts for Foodies: Why Food Halls Are a Hit With Urban Dwellers
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why
Coca-ColaComplements Any Meal
Watch: JetBlue and
Coca-ColaOpen Pop-Up Airport Restaurant to Connect Travelers Over Food