I received two big boxes of artifacts for the Archives this week. The team that works with NASCAR and the Coca-Cola Racing Family had told me to expect some items, but when I opened the box I was amazed. It contained autographed helmets, hats, jackets and even a giant Powerade bottle used as a trackside display. They will also be delivering a few of the Coca-Cola Racing Family vending machine fronts the Friday. The rare Dale Earnhardt vend front will be included with the delivery.
The jacket I am wearing in the photo was autographed by Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty, Tony Stewart, Jeff Buton, Bobby Labonte, Steve Park, Bill Elliot, Ricky Rodd, John Andretti and Michael Waltrip. It will look great in some future exhibit as the World of Coca-Cola!
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen