A friend recently sent me a link to a story which ranked the top 80 fashion trends of the 1980s. Coca-Cola clothing came in at # 4. That might be surprising to anyone under the age of 30, but if you were a child of the 80s, the Coca-Cola Rugby shirt was a must have item. I know, I had several. We placed one of the ones in our collection so it was one of the first things you see when you enter the Archives storage space and it always acts as conversation starter. You can read a very interesting and detailed history of the Rugby shirt here. The background on the shirt may surprise you. Did you know it was originally designed by Tommy Hilfiger? Slip back into the 80s and see how many of the trends you can remember. ^TR
More on Journey
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York