Have you ever wondered what the days of early Coca-Cola bottling looked like? I'm planning a special presentation for employees tomorrow about the history of Coca-Cola bottling, dating back to when bottling began in 1899. I thought I'd share with you this video footage from a 1919 Clarksburg, West Virginia Coca-Cola Bottling Plant showing the bottling process used then. You'll undoubtedly have a couple of laughs, and don't attempt to adjust your speakers - this is a silent film!
Be on the lookout for part two of this video which highlights the bottling process as it was in the 1960s.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961