In different regions of the world, eyeglasses with very thick lenses in the frame are called "Coke bottle" glasses -- named after the thick bottoms of Coca-Cola contour bottles.
I think I've worn some of those myself in past years!
More on Journey
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas