Coke and the Grey Dhaka agency recently installed “Happiness Machine” arcade-style games in six youth hotspots throughout Dhaka, a city of 15 million people. Instead of taking coins, the machines accept empty plastic bottles through a customized slot and reward the user with a Coke-themed video game.
Over a period of six days, the activation collected thousands of bottles, which will be converted into pellets for reuse in other products. The program will continue in the coming months to increase awareness.
More on Journey
- Hoop Dreams: Sprite Spruces Up Local Parks
- Ingenuity in Their Own Backyards: How 5 Atlanta-based Companies are Leveraging Local Startups to Foster Innovation
- Infographic: 5by20 by the Numbers
- Mr. Stevia: The Sweet Success of a Kenyan Farmer
- eKOfreshment Infographic: Coke's Sustainable Refrigeration Commitment By the Numbers