I read not too long ago about the new, four-million LED Coca-Cola display in front of the iconic landmark Obelisk in Buenos Aires, Argentina in The Square of The Republic. Coca-Cola has been present in this location for over 50 years with a neon sign. I thought you might enjoy a little taste of our outdoor advertising history in Latin America with this video from Brazil filmed around 1947. It includes scenes of Coca-Cola advertising in Rio De Janeiro, including Copacabana Beach and Copacabana Palace Hotel. In addition to that, there are also scenes from Sao Paulo, including the latest and greatest in neon advertising at the time, a Coca-Cola sign that was under construction on the second-highest building in the city at the time. Enjoy.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler