Did you know that The Coca-Cola Company was an inaugural sponsor of Soul Train? The show was a favorite of mine and a launching pad for many popular music groups over time. Coca-Cola also sponsored the first annual Soul Train Music Awards in 1987, and continued for many years. There are a number of pretty interesting Spirte Soul Train promotions in our collection, and we'd like to salute the show by sharing this 1991 Soul Train Sweepstakes Promotion.
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola