More than 12 million people have logged on to watch this video out of our Coke Studio Pakistan, quite possibly making it the most watched Coke video to date. It features 3rd generation folk singer, Arif Lohar, who sings and plays the 'chimta' -- a traditional percussion instrument Lohar’s forefathers played. His co-singer is Meesha Shafi, an extremely talented and then-up-and-coming musician. The song 'Jugni' is a classic, which was famously sung by Arif Lohar’s late father, Alam Lohar. This song was by far, the most popular song of this Coke Studio Season.
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Inspired Objects: Artist Burton Morris Reinterprets Pop Culture Icons
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why Coca-Cola Complements Any Meal
- 10 Years of Switching Off: How Earth Hour Became a Global Movement