More than 12 million people have logged on to watch this video out of our Coke Studio Pakistan, quite possibly making it the most watched Coke video to date. It features 3rd generation folk singer, Arif Lohar, who sings and plays the 'chimta' -- a traditional percussion instrument Lohar’s forefathers played. His co-singer is Meesha Shafi, an extremely talented and then-up-and-coming musician. The song 'Jugni' is a classic, which was famously sung by Arif Lohar’s late father, Alam Lohar. This song was by far, the most popular song of this Coke Studio Season.
More On Journey
- People, Places, Bikes: Documenting BMX Street Riding in America
- These 6 Documentaries Show How Spirit, Style and Fearlessness Go Hand in Hand
- For the Sake of the Story: The Bitter Southerner's New Narrative
- Hobby for All Ages: 14-Year-Old Antique Dealer Focuses on Coke Memorabilia
- Fall Fashion Trends That Work for Work