More than 12 million people have logged on to watch this video out of our Coke Studio Pakistan, quite possibly making it the most watched Coke video to date. It features 3rd generation folk singer, Arif Lohar, who sings and plays the 'chimta' -- a traditional percussion instrument Lohar’s forefathers played. His co-singer is Meesha Shafi, an extremely talented and then-up-and-coming musician. The song 'Jugni' is a classic, which was famously sung by Arif Lohar’s late father, Alam Lohar. This song was by far, the most popular song of this Coke Studio Season.
More On Journey
- From Monkey Saunas to the Moon: 10 Places I Want to Drink a Coke
- Coke Studio: Hit Music Platform Returns For 8th Season in Pakistan
- Pacific Crest Trail Thru-Hikers, Trail Angels and the Refreshing Connection They Share
- 'I Constantly Take the Long Way Home': Dustin Kott on the Art of Building and Riding Custom Motorcycles
- The Life of a Music Startup: A Q&A With 411 Music Group CEO Kristen Agee