More than 12 million people have logged on to watch this video out of our Coke Studio Pakistan, quite possibly making it the most watched Coke video to date. It features 3rd generation folk singer, Arif Lohar, who sings and plays the 'chimta' -- a traditional percussion instrument Lohar’s forefathers played. His co-singer is Meesha Shafi, an extremely talented and then-up-and-coming musician. The song 'Jugni' is a classic, which was famously sung by Arif Lohar’s late father, Alam Lohar. This song was by far, the most popular song of this Coke Studio Season.
More on Journey
- Easy Bistro: From Coke Bottling Plant to Hip Chattanooga Eatery
- Livestreaming: Coke Music’s Latest Hit With Artists and Fans
- Meet the Choreographer Behind the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games Opening Ceremony
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- See How Coke Studio is Bringing Music to Deaf Fans in Pakistan