2009 marks an important milestone for us -- 90 years since Coca-Cola was first bottled in Europe.
The first Coca-Cola bottling plants in Europe opened in 1919 in Paris and Bordeaux, France.
This photo is from France in 1930 and gives a nice view of one of our delivery trucks from the time!
And in case you’re keeping track, Coca-Cola bottling had already begun internationally before 1919. The first three countries outside the United States to bottle Coca-Cola were Canada, Cuba and Panama, all in 1906.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy