2009 marks an important milestone for us -- 90 years since Coca-Cola was first bottled in Europe.
The first Coca-Cola bottling plants in Europe opened in 1919 in Paris and Bordeaux, France.
This photo is from France in 1930 and gives a nice view of one of our delivery trucks from the time!
And in case you’re keeping track, Coca-Cola bottling had already begun internationally before 1919. The first three countries outside the United States to bottle Coca-Cola were Canada, Cuba and Panama, all in 1906.
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display