Yes! At the 1936 Games in Berlin, a young Harvard undergraduate named J. Paul Austin competed for the U.S. Rowing Team.
Paul Austin later became president (1962), chief executive officer (1966) and chairman of the Board (1970) of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961