Until 1955, Coca-Cola was available only as a soda fountain drink and in 6 1/2-ounce glass contour bottles.
1955 saw the debut of the King Size (10- and 12-ounce) and Family Size (26-ounce) glass contour bottles in the U.S., marking an important step in giving people more options to meet their needs.
More on Journey
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion