Did you know that the Coca-Cola contour bottle is often referred to as the “hobble-skirt” design?
That’s based on its resemblance to a dress from the early 1900s. The dress was so narrow below the knees that it restricted normal movement -- causing a woman wearing the skirt to hobble when walking.
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola