Did you know that the Coca-Cola contour bottle is often referred to as the “hobble-skirt” design?
That’s based on its resemblance to a dress from the early 1900s. The dress was so narrow below the knees that it restricted normal movement -- causing a woman wearing the skirt to hobble when walking.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival