Fanta is turning to the exciting world of interactive gaming to create more play. The new Fanta Fruit Slam game, which is available globally on the Fanta’s Facebook page and as a free download in the Apple App Store, is a fight to the fruity finish.
Dodgeball meets food fight in the 3-D experience, which immerses gamers in Fanta’s rich and colorful world. As different kinds of fruit fall from the sky, players must pick up, throw and dodge fruit on their way to a flavorful victory.
The object of the game, which stars the beloved characters and flavors from the global Fanta “Play” campaign, is to “slam” your opponent with as much fruit as possible, draining their power meter before they drain yours. Each fruit and character has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and players can “power up” with more points by drinking a virtual Fanta during the game.
The game was designed to be inherently social, just like Fanta. A multi-player mode lets users invite friends to play against them via Facebook, and publish high scores, trophies and game-related content to their social newsfeeds.
“The beauty of Fanta Fruit Slam is that it can be played for just a few minutes at a time,” added Blume, who said Fanta has quadrupled its Facebook fan base in 2012, to more than 6 million “likes. “It’s a ‘snackable’ game that provides light entertainment.”
Users can also play cross-platform. This means that teens riding the bus home from school can play against each other on their iPhones, or face off against a friend playing at home on Facebook.
Fanta Fruit Slam is offered in 12 languages so Fanta fans around the world can play with each other and their friends.
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings