We love the upbeat sound of new French indie-pop band Nephaste Melody. We know you will too!
Welcome to 52 Songs Of Happiness, a collection of unique music from around the world brought to you by Coca-Cola. Each of these amazing new acts has crafted a one-off song based around a treasured location, as well as a Placelist with the music that makes that place so special.
We continue our journey with the thrilling French electro-pop band Nephaste Melody. “I always aim to make our music punchy, melodic, and fun, and it always has to get people dancing”, says the band’s songwriter and producer, Stephane Prin.
Nephaste Melody’s contribution to 52 Songs Of Happiness is ‘A Coup De Cils’, an upbeat, summer treat that’s impossible not to love. But although it’s a great party track, Prin is an obsessive music fan, inspired by a range of artists from all genres. For his Placelist, he’s chosen a special area in his hometown of Paris where he’s been lucky enough to witness a number of unique shows
“I’ve selected Boulevard des Capucines in the heart of the city, as this street is where you’ll find L’Olympia, one of the most beautiful music halls in France. It’s been there for 70 years, and many of the biggest artists have played there, from The Beatles to Edit Piaf,” says Prin.
“I saw Jeff Buckley there 20 years ago and it was just magical. There is a special atmosphere in that place and the gigs I've seen there, such as Noir Desir, PJ Harvey, and Portishead, are part of the reason I'm making music today. It always has a special community that’s warm and unique.”
More on Journey
- No Easy Buckets: A Q&A With Basketball Star and New POWERADE Ambassador Damian Lillard
- How to Order ‘Share a Coke’ Bottles Sporting Your College Hoops Team’s Logo For March Madness
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Quincey at CAGNY: 'We Are Going to Be a Total Beverage Company'
- 5 Ways Coca-Cola Great Britain Is Helping Consumers Enjoy Less Sugar