Turkey’s largest open-air festival, Rock’n Coke, welcomed more than 60,000 fired-up fans last month for its 10th anniversary. The 2013 festival marked several first for Rock’n Coke, including performances from the most musicians ever (550 artists and 100+ acts) on five stages; new attractions and content; a new festival layout; and its biggest-ever site at Istanbul’s Hezarfen Airport.
The new setup allowed 70 percent more acts to perform. The lineup included The Prodigy, Jamiroquai, Arctic Monkeys, Hurts, Editors, Ellie Goulding, Primal Scream, Within Temptation, Triggerfinger, La Roux, Shantel, Selah Sue and Netsky Live. Additionally, festivalgoers enjoyed Turkish acts like Teoman, Aylin Aslım, Duman, maNga, Can Bonomo and Büyük Ev Ablukada.
A large Cultural Zone featured a series of special events, workshops, activities and games; the Party Arena featured a 24/7 music experience; and a Chill-Out Zone gave fans a spot to cool off. The capacity of the camping area was increased to 10,000 people, and tickets sold out days in advance.
More on Journey
- Meet the '4-Pack': Coca-Cola and U.S. Athletes Team Up for Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Coke’s Smaller Packages Soften Blow of Philly Beverage Tax for Shoppers and Store Owners
- Mobile App From Coca-Cola Japan Crosses 4 Million Downloads
- Home Run Eats: SunTrust Park Offers Braves Country a Taste of Atlanta
- 10 Years of Switching Off: How Earth Hour Became a Global Movement