Maah3z's music brings the flavour and rhythms of Cuba and Venezuela via the Miami clubs. This Cuban-born star has been causing a real stir in the EDM scene in recent months with a mix of dubstep, electro, reggaeton and latin, Maah3z’s music is inspired by the city of Miami and its top DJs. We caught up with him.
Tell us about your music.
I count Afrojack, Swedish House Mafia, Major Lazer and Dave Nada as my influences, and so my music flows from there. It’s a smooth mix of Latin rhythms, electro, trap & dubstep.
What do you have lined up for the summer?
I'm working on my debut album that will be released at the end of the year. The support and encouragement from my fans online has been phenomenal.
Tell us about the location you have chosen for your playlist.
I’ve chosen Miami, as it felt the most appropriate choice to create a Placelist. The foundation in my music comes from here, and I have selected some funky beats to suit everyone’s liking.
Check out his track Ese Lugar on Coca-Cola Placelists:
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Coca-Cola Japan's Georgia Coffee is the World’s Highest-Grossing, Ready-to-Drink Coffee Brand
- See How Coca-Cola and the Phillies Helped Pull Off a ‘Prom-posal’ to Remember
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- ‘Absolutely Refreshing’: Coca-Cola Launches Barrilitos Aguas Frescas, Sets Bar for New Beverage Category