We admit it—we’ve got the hots for dots. They’re fun, whimsical, energetic, and perfect for fashion-lovers of all shapes and sizes. Polka dots are enjoying a serious style moment right now. Whether you want to infuse your wardrobe with a little bit of personality or you’re ready to dive deep into print mixing, we’ve got a way to do it. Let’s polka!
A Pop of Print
Polka dots are a perfect choice for small accessories like wallets, cell phone cases, scarves or even umbrellas, so use them to add a dose of whimsical flair to your everyday routine. The bonus is that the pattern makes these essentials easier to spot in your purse or bag.
Paired with basics like jeans or neutral colors like black and white, clothing with a polka dot print is fun and endlessly wearable. Monochromatic polka dots look great with colored denim, too. The more colorful the pattern is, the more casual it feels, so keep bright ones ready for weekend wear and choose sensible black and white polka dots for office attire.
Ready to rock a head-to-toe polka dot look? Choose two patterns in the same color family, one with small dots and one with larger ones. For maximum flattery (and to avoid pattern overload), try to keep the smaller dots on the bottom of the outfit and pair with a neutral or solid-color shoe.
There are two ways to flash your polka prowess across your fingertips. One method is to paint a dark-colored base coat and stipple the top with a light polish using the flat end of the brush, and the other is to apply nail polish strips in a pre-printed polka dot pattern. We love Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.
More on Journey
- Reverse Care Package: U.S. Army Soldier Sends Her Parents Surprise Thank You in Minute Maid #doingood Film
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™
- Coca-Cola and ESSENCE Festival: Making Beautiful Music Together for 22 Years
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition
- WATCH: Vince Staples Stars in New Sprite Music Video and TV Spot