Pop star and “Share a Coke and a Song” ambassador Selena Gomez stopped by Coca-Cola HQ ahead of her June 9 Atlanta tour stop. The 23-year-old singer documented her tour of the Coke archives on social media, posting photos and video snippets to her Instagram account.
“No big deal... just in the Coke offices,” she says in one clip with a smile as she walks past a life-sized cardboard cutout of herself. Watch it here.
Lyrics from two Gomez songs, “Love You Like a Love Song” and “Me & the Rhythm”, will be featured on Coca-Cola packaging this summer. The tracks are among the 70-plus tunes featured in the “Share a Coke and a Song” campaign.
In an April interview with Billboard, Gomez declared her affection for Coca-Cola, calling it an “iconic” brand.
“When you have somebody call you and it’s something that you’re obsessed with and they want to put your work [on it]?... That is so crazy. I was stoked,” she told the music magazine. “So yeah, [it was a] no-brainer for me. And I can’t wait. My nana is freaking out. She already requested all of the bottles to put all over the house.”
More on Journey
- Coke’s Smaller Packages Soften Blow of Philly Beverage Tax for Shoppers and Store Owners
- How Coca-Cola Chile Got More Consumers Trying Coke Zero
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times