At the Pageant of Progress and Industrial Exposition held in Los Angeles in 1923, an innovative approach to put the focus on Coca-Cola was developed by the Los Angeles plant manager.
Visitors to the display booth of the Union Oil Company of California received complimentary glasses of Coca-Cola served from one of their standard gas pumps.
Attendees drank nearly 40 gallons of syrup in this unique dispensing operation!
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership