At the Pageant of Progress and Industrial Exposition held in Los Angeles in 1923, an innovative approach to put the focus on Coca-Cola was developed by the Los Angeles plant manager.
Visitors to the display booth of the Union Oil Company of California received complimentary glasses of Coca-Cola served from one of their standard gas pumps.
Attendees drank nearly 40 gallons of syrup in this unique dispensing operation!
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display