The new “Sex and the City” movie opens this week, and some of the members of my team have had the opening on their calendars for months!
In Great Britain, diet Coke has teamed up with Patricia Field, who has been called the “fashion genius” behind Sex and the City, but was technically called the costume designer for the TV show.
Field has created four designs for the diet Coke contour bottle -- all with bright colors and women’s faces. The limited edition diet Coke “City Collection” is being sold exclusively at the Selfridges store (in London and Manchester, if you’re in the UK or heading over).
This is not the first time that Coke in Great Britain has teamed up with leading fashion designers to craft diet Coke packaging. Field follows in the footsteps of Julian MacDonald, Matthew Williamson, Jonathan Saunders and Manolo Blahnik, all of whom have created limited-edition diet Coke designs in past years.
More on Journey
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy